Dunblane Sport Hub
Mobile: 07590900101 Email: Facebook:
Devils are registered as an official club.
Floorball is a fast and exciting game that promotes end-to-end plays with quick transitions and fluid game play. The rules stress the importance of safety and sportsmanship and are designed to limit the chance of injury without decreasing the speed or skill of the game.
Floorball: is one of the fastest growing sports across the world, a type of indoor hockey, is a team sport game, is a hybrid version of ice-hockey and the basic setup is similar to ice/floor hockey with six players on each team including a goalkeeper.
What is floorball?
Below is a brief summary of the rules of floorball:
• Stick must remain below waist
• Ball is played below knee level at all times
• No body contact, no blocking/screening of opposing players
• Stick-on-body contact or stick-on-stick contact is not permitted
• No hitting, lifting or pinning of opponents’ stick
• Free hits similar to a free kick in soccer are given for minor rule infractions
• No offside or icing calls
• Game is played with five players and one goalie per team on the court at a time.
The Club is now affiliated to UK Floorball Federation.