CMS COMMUNITY SPORT HUB
Information on the Hub Sports
DUNBLANE DEVILS FLOORBALL CLUB
Floorball is a fast and exciting game that promotes end-to-end plays with quick transitions and fluid game play. The rules stress the importance of safety and sportsmanship and are designed to limit the chance of injury without decreasing the speed or skill of the game.
Floorball: is one of the fastest growing sports across the world, a type of indoor hockey, is a team sport game, is a hybrid version of ice-hockey and the basic setup is similar to ice/floor hockey with six players on each team including a goalkeeper.
Below is a brief summary of the rules of floorball:
• Stick must remain below waist
• Ball is played below knee level at all times
• No body contact, no blocking/screening of opposing players
• Stick-on-body contact or stick-on-stick contact is not permitted
• No hitting, lifting or pinning of opponents’ stick
• Free hits similar to a free kick in soccer are given for minor rule infractions
• No offside
• Game is played with five players and one goalie per team on the court at a time
DUNBLANE Dodgers Dodgeball Club
Dodgeball is a game in which players on two teams try to throw balls at each other while avoiding being hit themselves.
There are many variations of the game, but generally the main objective of each team is to eliminate all members of the opposing team by hitting them with thrown balls, catching a ball thrown by a member of
the opposing team, or forcing them to move outside the court boundaries when a ball is thrown at them.
CMS Community Sports Hub is a member of Youth Scotland and our Insurance is through Towergate as part of our membership with Youth Scotland.
The Hub is also affiliated to ClubSport Stirling, British Dodgeball, UK Floorball and VX Scotland. All the coaches are PVG checked, have relevant coaching qualifications and First Aid.