Information on the Club Sports
Floorball is a fast and exciting game that promotes end-to-end plays with quick transitions and fluid game play. The rules stress the importance of safety and sportsmanship and are designed to limit the chance of injury without decreasing the speed or skill of the game.
Floorball: is one of the fastest growing sports across the world, a type of indoor hockey, is a team sport game, is a hybrid version of ice-hockey and the basic setup is similar to ice/floor hockey with six players on each team including a goalkeeper.
Below is a brief summary of the rules of floorball:
• Stick must remain below waist
• Ball is played below knee level at all times
• No body contact, no blocking/screening of opposing players
• Stick-on-body contact or stick-on-stick contact is not permitted
• No hitting, lifting or pinning of opponents’ stick
• Free hits similar to a free kick in soccer are given for minor rule infractions
• No offside or icing calls
• Game is played with five players and one goalie per team on the court at a time
VX is a totally gender-neutral sport. Males and females play on a totally equal footing in all disciplines and at all levels. It is also accessible to players of all abilities. It is not an adaptation of any single sport however there are elements of several sports including dodgeball, lacrosse, basque pelota and hockey but is fun and energetic game for everyone of any ability
VX has continued to be popular in schools in the UK and is now being adopted by universities, colleges, youth organisations, Street Games and the military. It is also attracting interest from the Prison Service and Primary Care Trusts. It now has a foothold in 25 countries of which 15 have National Governing Bodies(NGBs).
Dodgeball is a game in which players on two teams try to throw balls at each other while avoiding being hit themselves.
There are many variations of the game, but generally the main objective of each team is to eliminate all members of the opposing team by hitting them with thrown balls, catching a ball thrown by a member of
the opposing team, or forcing them to move outside the court boundaries when a ball is thrown at them.